Parenting with Confidence
Presented by Hayley Goldberg, LMFT and Parenting Coach
Your child’s potential is limitless. Their success begins with you. Your parenting counts!
A 6 week parenting in-person class.
More and more young children are being expected to have self-control. This means not expressing their emotions. As a result, children are learning at an early age to suppress their emotions, and we’re incorrectly calling this self-regulation. Kids (and adults) need time to feel their emotions before being expected to be calm. Self-regulation is a learned skill. In this workshop we’ll talk about young children having hard feelings, self awareness of emotions, processing emotions, coping strategies to get calm, and solving conflicts. These are all a part of self-regulation.
Hayley Goldberg, is a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) and parenting coach. She is the founder of Heart of Connecting and have been guiding hundreds of parents and families since 2009.
Taking this class you’ll learn:
- Practical and effective parenting tools
- Understand discipline and positive parenting solutions
- Encourage the development of essential social skills needed for success in life
- Build emotional regulation skills so children can understand their feelings and manage big emotions
- Clarify your parenting goals and get on the same page with your partner, parenting on the same team
- Unconditional love, bringing more connections, FUN and mutual respect to your relationships
- Learn about quality preschool programs and the essential skills needed for kindergarten readiness (when the time comes)
Dates: 9/18, 10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30
Time: 6:00pm – 7:15pm
Where: Tumble N’ Dots, 16 Technology #142, Irvine CA 92618
- Week 1 – Child development
- Week 2 – Temperament
- Week 3 – Parenting styles and Emotion Coaching parenting
- Week 4 – Discipline
- Week 5 – Parenting on the same team
- Week 6 – Social skills
- $320 for the full class