The Therapy Process
Compassionate care for your child
Tumble N’ Dots Pediatric Therapy will guide you through your child’s first visit and introduce him or her to the rehabilitation process. This can be a stressful, scary time.
After all, the health and well-being of your child is our top priority and we are committed to providing compassionate and expert care to help ensure your child reaches his or her maximum potential.
Whether your child is new to therapy or returning to treatment, we are here to help your youngster – and you – feel more comfortable about the therapy process.
Here’s what you can expect:
Step 1: Initial Inquiry
We know it can be difficult to make that first call, but we are committed to partnering with you in caring for one of the most important individuals in your life, your child. Call us today to speak with our clinical director. We will address your concerns and questions while we complete a thorough intake process that sets your child on the right path.
Step 2: Evaluation
The Tumble N’ Dots Pediatric Therapy journey begins with an evaluation of your child. We will talk about your child’s unique needs, milestones and your goals for them. We will listen and document the information you provide. This information will help create a roadmap for your child’s treatment and, most importantly, get them on a path to success for participation in family, community and school activities. Each child’s treatment plan is generated through an in-depth process which includes three core visits:
- Consult Evaluation: This visit is dedicated to utilizing standardized assessments to create a baseline understanding of any challenges your child may have.
- Clinical Observations: There are times when standardized assessments do not deliver the entire picture of a child’s functional abilities. That’s where our clinical observation visit fits in – we’ll cross reference the initial evaluation and ensure that all goals are identified appropriately. Upon completion of the evaluation process, a report will be generated with: the recommended treatment plan, goals, frequency and duration of recommended visits and any additional findings essential to the therapeutic journey.
- Family Meeting: The family meeting allows our therapist team to present the comprehensive report. At this time, our therapist will get additional feedback from your family and finalize the overall roadmap to success.
Step 3: Therapy
Our therapeutic intervention process is designed to achieve concrete goals established through our treatment plans. Through intervention, assessment , and exploration, our program will help your child meet their goals on an individualized path to long-term success. Our treatment plans are typically designed around three- and six-month goals; however, goals may be refined throughout the therapeutic journey. It is customary to have the following parent meetings throughout the process:
- Two-month parent consults: Every two months we will coordinate a parent consult to review progress made within the treatment plan, solicit additional feedback from those involved in the child’s daily routine and identify new goals as appropriate.
- Six-month re-evaluation: Every six months we will coordinate a standardized re-evaluation to assess improvement and address potential concerns through standardized assessments. Treatment plans will be updated and addressed at this time, at which point a parent consult will be required.
We believe in collaboration with all care providers and utilize a case management approach in our therapeutic process, which enables us to create a unique clinical experience and exceptional outcomes. This approach includes:
- Reviewing and researching the educational, medical, and social/emotional history of the child
- Identifying and maximizing functional family goals
- Integrating and optimizing current supports
- Collaborating with involved professionals and influencers of the child
- Implementing observation, modifications, adaptations and tools across all environments
- Initiating and monitoring home programs and parent resources
Step 4: Discharge
Tumble N’ Dots Pediatric Therapy’s discharge process is essential to long-term success. Upon determination that your child has achieved their therapeutic goals, we will implement a transitional care program to ensure there is no regression. At that time we will complete the process with a final consultation that includes a formal re-evaluation, updated home program and discharge summary.
We treat you and your child like family and care about your well-being – from the time of your first appointment through discharge and beyond. We are your therapy partner; you can always come home to Tumble N’ Dots for any future needs.
Tumble N’ Dots is not part of any insurance network however we do provide detailed superbills for potential reimbursement from your health insurance carrier as an out-of-network provider.
We will provide a superbill that includes all the insurance codes needed to seek reimbursement from your insurance carrier but we do not bill the insurance company directly.
You can submit our superbill for a possible reimbursement from your insurance company for an out-of-network provider.
Speech Therapy is covered services under flexible spending account.